Nerve - Jeanne Ryan

by 12:30 PM 5 comments

Nerve - 
Jeanne Ryan
Released: September 13, 2012
Publisher: Dial Books

Synopsis: A high-stakes online game of dares turns deadly

When Vee is picked to be a player in NERVE, an anonymous game of dares broadcast live online, she discovers that the game knows her. They tempt her with prizes taken from her ThisIsMe page and team her up with the perfect boy, sizzling-hot Ian. At first it's exhilarating--Vee and Ian's fans cheer them on to riskier dares with higher stakes. But the game takes a twisted turn when they're directed to a secret location with five other players for the Grand Prize round. Suddenly they're playing all or nothing, with their lives on the line. Just how far will Vee go before she loses NERVE?

Debut author Jeanne Ryan delivers an un-putdownable suspense thriller. 


What it's about: Vee enters a game of dares in order to win fabulous prizes. But something is right about NERVE. How do they know so much about her and why does she suddenly no longer feel safe?


What I thought: This book absolutely sucked me in and wouldn't let go - I finished it but a few pages in one sitting! Vee is the backstage girl - backstage to the play, backstage to her best friend Syd and backstage to Matthews attentions. But one quick decision changes it all - her first dare. Suddenly her school friends are egging her on and within the next night she has been chosen for the live games. We watch Vee constantly tossing up between being smart and being crazy - something she usually isn't. I couldn't wait to see what dares came up next and just how far Vee was willing to go! She really did have guts, because I surely wouldn't have done half the things she did. I would love to see another book, to see more of Vee's investigation of NERVE, and what they're hiding. I highly recommend picking this one up - it will capture your attention then, just like me, you will be sucked in too!


the good: The intensity with which it keeps you on the edge of your seat. Absolutely fantastic. Awesome. Amazing.


the bad: How does Vee and Syd know how to Sign? It seriously bothers me that it wasn't explained.


Rating:



  5 bookstacks


buy links:

- Amazon - Barnes and Noble - The Book Depository -



You can find the rest of the book tour here!

Win a signed hard copy of Nerve - US/CAN only.

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, this sounds super entertaining and I love the fact that it keeps you on the edge of your seat! The dares sound fun and crazy; I'm looking forward to reading about them. Awesome review, Claire! I'm glad you enjoyed Nerve so much! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh glad you loved it!! I am just dying to read this one because everyone is saying Vee went to places many of them wouldn't have and I want to know the prizes!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really haven't heard much about this but it sounds so thrilling! Great review :)

    Also, we're now following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking forward to this one ever since I first heard about it. I'm really excited to read it, so I'm pleased that you loved it! Brilliant review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review!! I was totally looking forward to this one before but if it sucked you in I think maybe I should plan a time in which I wont be doing anything else!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D