Eve and Adam - Michael Grant / Katherine Applegate

by 12:18 PM 1 comments
Eve and Adam - 
Michael Grant / Katherine Applegate
Released: October 1, 2012
Publisher: Electric Monkey (Egmont)

Synopsis: In the beginning, there was an apple.

And then there was a car crash, a horrible, debilitating injury, and a hospital. But before Evening Spiker's could regain consciousness, there was strange boy checking her out of the hospital and rushing her to Spiker Biopharmaceuticals, her mother’s research facility. Once there, Eve has to heal, and cope with an eerie isolation only interrupted by her overbearing mother, a strange group of doctors, and the mysterious boy who brought her there.

Just when Eve thinks she will die–not from her injuries, but boredom—her mother gives her a special project: Create the perfect boy. 

Using an amazingly detailed simulation, that is designed to teach human genetics, Eve starts building a boy from the ground up: eyes, hair, muscles, even a brain, and potential personality traits. Eve is creating Adam. And he will be just perfect... won’t he?


What it's about: After a horrific accident, Evening is stuck in hospital with nothing but her thoughts, until her mother gives her a project - She is to create the perfect boy. But something strange is going on at Spiker industries and now she's about to find out.


What I thought: Of course the perfect boy is never going to be perfect right?! This book really wowed me. Nothing is what it seems, and I for one didn't see that big twist at the end coming. Blew my mind everyone, it really did! I was a bit skeptical about this book at first. It sounded good, but I wasn't one hundred percent sure I wanted to read it. I'm really glad I decided to take a chance and give it a try. I loved Eve, I loved Solo but mainly I loved Aislin. Terra Spiker played the perfect distant, indifferent mother, whose love is barely ever visible. It was also interesting reading from Adam's point of view. 

Overall, this was a fantastic read and I highly recommend it to everyone!


the good: The fact that this book kept me on my toes and on the edge of my seat the whole time!


the bad: What about tying up loose ends Grant and Applegate? I want to know what happened to the bad people!


Rating:



  5 bookstacks


buy links:

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you loved this one too!! It is such a quick read and despite lacking some detail an excellent novel <3

    ReplyDelete

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D