"Blast from the Past" - The Day Before

by 9:29 AM 0 comments

"Blast from the Past" is my brand new feature - a post in which I talk about a book I read more than a year or so ago! Today I am featuring...



The Day Before -
Lisa Schroeder

Publisher: Simon Pulse



Synopsis: 
One moment can change everything.Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him.  And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last.


When it was released - June 2011

When I first read it - July 2011

What I thought of it - 
I absolutely LOVE Lisa Schroeder. I have read all her YA novels, and they have all been written in verse. Sure, this wasn't the first verse book of her's I've read, but it's my favourite! Amber and Cade both have secrets, yet they have this one day together and it is utterly romantic! *Swoon*

The Good -
This book is set over one day, and Schroeder has taken something so simply and made it elegant. It's beautiful, as are all her other YA books.

The Bad - 
Some people might not like the fact that this is written in verse.

Fun Facts - 

The Day Before is Schroeder's fourth YA novel written in verse! She has a new book coming out in January 2013 and it's said that this one won't be in verse like her others!

      Quotes - 

      “I get it. Sometimes you want to remember. And sometimes you need to forget.”

      - - -

      “To plan it all would take away from the fun and the excitement of what's to come. Let the day reveal itself to me in its own time, in its own way. I am yours, Today. I am yours.” 


      - - - 

      “I see you.

      Because in you,
      I see me.” 


      Rating -




      4 bookstacks

      Unknown

      Reader, Blogger

      Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

      0 comments:

      Post a Comment

      Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D