The Lost Prince - Julie Kagawa

by 5:36 PM 4 comments
The Lost Prince - 
Julie Kagawa
Released: November 1, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen


Synopsis: Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

This novel is one of Julie’s books that will have you demanding for the second one as soon as you finish your read.



What it's about: Ethan Chase just wants to stay away from Them, but when he gets sucked back into that world, he forms new relationships and learns things he never realised before.



What I thought: Let me start by saying I have not read the Iron Fey series. I knew when I started this novel that there would be some things that I wouldn't understand that and I didn't mind. I wanted to come into the book, knowing nothing, like a regular book shopper might. I really enjoyed this book, and not reading the previous series made no difference in my opinion. Perhaps, when I go back and read them, it will all make more sense, but I loved it anyway. Ethan is broody and moody but caring and sweet. He is a wonderfully written main character and I fell in love with him instantly. Unfortunately, Kenzie not so much. Sure, she has secrets, and she is different, but she really annoyed me throughout 90% of the book. This book shows the Nevernever, and introduces a whole new world of scary Fae.

Excellent start to what looks to be a fantastic series.


The Good: Julie Kagawa's ability to write a second series and you don't feel lost if you haven't read the previous series. This is a massive plus for me.


The Bad: Kenzie. I just don't like her as a character. Oh well.


Rating:




  4 Bookstacks


Buy links:


- Booktopia - Dymocks - The Nile - Seekbooks -

Win your own copy! - Australia Only

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

4 comments:

  1. I have read and loved the IRON FEY series before starting THE LOST PRINCE - but I'm so happy to hear that you can read the spin-off without having read the original series! Although I definitely recommend reading the IRON FEY books, because they are quite awesome! ;)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you liked this book, I definitely recommend that you read The iron Fey! Those books are even better :) Puck and Grimalkin are awesome characters :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked this one! I'm a huge fan of the Iron Fey series and was a bit worried to start The Lost Prince but I absolutely loved it. Usually spin-offs don't work well with me (and at worst tarnish my view of the original series), but The Lost Prince, if anything, enhanced my view of The Iron Fey series. Sorry you don't like Kenzie, though! I can definitely see why some (most, even) don't like her, but I thought she was sweet, and that revelation about her towards the end tore me apart. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D