Author Interview - Lenore Appelhans

by 12:30 AM 0 comments
Lenore Appelhans is the author of the 2013 debut Level 2 - Today she stops by to have a chat with us!


Describe Level 2 in three words!


Dystopian afterlife thriller

Where did your inspiration for Level 2 come from?



I asked myself two questions: How might memories be used as currency and what might a dystopian afterlife look like?

Level 2 shows us a world after death- do you believe this world you created exists on some level?


I do think that we go on somehow, but I highly doubt it looks like Level 2!

Did you experience any unexpected road bumps in the story writing process?


I had my days of writer’s block for sure. One day, I asked my husband to write my next paragraph.  He did – but he wrote in the wrong tense, from the wrong POV and with very questionable character behavior. It made me realize that I was on the right track. ;)

Did you come across any scenes that were harder to write than others?

I thought it might be more difficult to write the memory scenes because they are more contemporary in nature, but it was the afterlife scenes that actually came harder.


I have to ask, who would you dream movie cast be?


I guess I’d have to see some screen tests before I could really decide, but I did write a part for Ian Somerhalder into Level 3.

Do you have any other future books in the works, apart from Level 3?

I have a few things I’m working on, but it’s too early to talk about them.

Random Questions!

Any hobbies?


I love to travel!

Any special writing habits?


If I’m stuck, I take a shower. My shower is magic and solves everything. A side effect is that I’m very, very clean.

Favourite book?(Apart from your own of course!)


I could never choose just one!



Author Links:



Website - BlogFacebook - Twitter - Goodreads -



Level 2 - 
Lenore Appelhans
Released: January, 2013
Publisher: Allen and Unwin


Synopsis: Three levels. Two loves. One choice. Debut novelist, Lenore Appelhans has written a thrilling otherworldly young adult novel about a place that exists between our world (Level 1) and what comes after life (Level 2).

'I pause to look around the hive - all the podlike chambers are lit up as the drones shoot up on memories ... I've wanted to get out of here before, but now the tight quarters start to choke me. There has to be more to death than this.'

Felicia Ward is dead. Trapped in a stark white afterlife limbo, she spends endless days replaying memories, of her family, friends, boyfriend ... and of the guy who broke her heart. The guy who has just broken into Level 2 to find her.

Felicia learns that a rebellion is brewing, and it seems she is the key. Suspended between heaven and earth, she must make a choice. Between two worlds, two lives and two loves.

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D