Scarlet - Marissa Meyer

by 9:00 AM 1 comments

Scarlet - 
Marissa Meyer
Released: February 7, 2013
Publisher: Puffin
Synopsis: This is not the fairytale you remember.

But it’s one you won’t forget.


Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. The police have closed her case. The only person Scarlet can turn to is Wolf, a street fighter she does not trust, but they are drawn to each other.

Meanwhile, in New Beijing, Cinder will become the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive – when she breaks out of prison to stay one step ahead of vicious Queen Levana.

As Scarlet and Wolf expose one mystery, they encounter Cinder and a new one unravels. Together they must challenge the evil queen, who will stop at nothing to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner . . .


What it's about: A dystopian retelling of the fairy-tale Little Red Riding Hood - also, Cinder is back!



What I thought: I loved this one more than the first, and I really loved the first so that's saying something! Cinder is back and this time she's on the run from Prince Kai and the crazy Lunar queen! She's makes a gorgeous new friend, Captain Thorne (who I love!) and we get Iko back too! They are on the run and trying to stay hidden, all the while trying to find Michelle Benoit!

Scarlet is introduced in this book, the grand-daughter of Michelle Benoit. Michelle is missing and Scarlet know's she's been taken. With the help of a street-fighter named Wolf, she tries to track down her grandmother. Of course, many things are revealed along the way and there are certainly twists that you don't expect. At least I didn't.

This is a fantastic sequel to Cinder and I can't wait to see where Marissa Meyer is going to take us next! Get your hands on these ones ASAP!


The Good: I loved that this book didn't just focus on Cinder or Scarlet. I thought it was great to have both character POV's, plus Prince Kai's POV as well!


The Bad: I have to wait another year for the third book! ARRRRGH.


Rating:




    5 Bookstacks

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author.

    I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and may
    come back later in life. I want to encourage you to continue your
    great writing, have a nice afternoon!

    my blog; educational toys

    ReplyDelete

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D