"O"

by 12:00 AM 0 comments

Welcome to the A-Z Blogging Challenge!





Today's topic is:


- Oldie but Goodie -

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in trying to read all the new releases, I forget about all the books that I've read years ago and loved to bits. I don't leave myself any time to go back and visit the old favourites. So I'm going to share my "oldie but a goodie" books with you - maybe it'll inspire me to pick them up again!

-

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. A seriously seriously old book, but a beautiful broken one at that. It's a timeless classic for a reason after all! Although, I'm not sure I could read this one again... Took me so damn long the first time!

Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta. This was one of the first YA books I ever read, and loved. Melina Marchetta ignited my love for books and reading, and I've never looked back.

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. Yes, it's childish but that's exactly why it's on the list. Sometimes I think we all need to revisit our childhood once in a while. Plus I love how this series spanned thirteen books - how many distant distant family members can you kill off?

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne. I think this one might be pretty self-explanatory.  If you haven't read it, drop everything and do it now. Made me cry like a baby.

Juliet by Anna Fortier, because it's historical romance and one of the few adult books I devoured with no trouble.

Other oldies I need to re-visit are: The Host by Stephanie Meyer, Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder and The Deltora Quest by Emily Rodda (Don't judge me 'kay)

What about you? What are your 'oldie but goodie' books?

* * *

Thanks for stopping by today and make sure you come back tomorrow for my "P" post!

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D