"W"

by 12:00 AM 0 comments

Welcome to the A-Z Blogging Challenge!




Today's topic is:


- Writing -

Okay so you may have noticed these posts started out nice and long and detailed, and now they're start to look like a bunch of gifs thrown together. That's because I've had some family drama going on, and I just haven't felt up to myself. To write.

One day, about a year ago, I had this amazing idea. I love books, and I love reading, so why not try my hand at a bit of writing. No, I didn't think it would be easy. I know it's a hard industry to get into. But I had an idea for a story and figured I'd run with it.

As it turns out, I am s**t at writing. My blog reviews started out as me pouring my feelings onto the page. Didn't matter whether they made sense or were well written. As my blog got more noticed and publishers started sending me books, I tried to up the ante a little, but really I was still pouring my feelings out (and publishers haven't stopped sending me books so I must be doing okay). Sometimes, in the heat of the moment when I'm writing a really emotional review, some of it comes out sounding pretty damn smart (if I do say so myself).

Once I started writing a story, however, I realized I just wasn't any good. I certainly didn't pay enough attention in English at school, because I always put way too many comma's and have no idea what grammar even is. Writing is hard. So hard, I gave up for the next 9 months or so. Then I had another idea, then another, then another. I decided that nothing is easy and if I wanted something badly enough I had to work for it. I hadn't gone into this thinking 'I will get published', it was more like 'I want to see if I can actually write an entire book' - and that gave me the motivation to start again. That also gave me the answer to my career question - I wanted to become a literary agent. (For those who don't really know me, I'm a twenty-something mum, who has zero qualifications and until recently, had no idea what she wanted to do with her life. Now, I do).

I hope that one day I'll be able to finish writing a book. I do have fantasies where said book gets published and turn into a Hollywood box office hit movie, where I get to meet Jake Abel or Tom Hardy (yummm) buuuuut it's safe to say I know this is a super long stretch and my novel may very well never ever receive any attention, except from me. But for me now, it's all about the trying.

* * *

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back again tomorrow for my "X" post!

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D