The Originals - Cat Patrick

by 12:30 AM 0 comments
The Originals - 
Cat Patrick
Released: May 1, 2013
Publisher: Hardie Grant Egmont

Synopsis: Ella, Betsey and I look like sisters: triplets, you might think.

But that's not what we are at all.

We are clones in hiding. We split out lives and exist as one person in the outside world. And we've always been happy. 

But now I've fallen in love ... and that changes everything. 

Because to let love in, I need to be allowed to be Me.


What I thought: Cat Patrick is a much loved author with her unique ideas, and The Originals in yet another one of these. The Originals is about the secret life of three clones, living as one girl. They have separate parts of the day that they each live as Elizabeth. But now, things are changing and they just want to be free to live their own lives.
We are told the story from Lizzie's point of view, so we get to know her quite well. Lizzie falls in love with Sean Kelly, and really, that could be pinpointed as the catalyst for all that eventuates after. You can't help but love and sympathise with Lizzie, and of course, Ella and Betsey too. Throughout the book, I was cheering for the three girls to get their own lives and uncover the secret for good. But this book wasn't what I expected it to be, and every time I thought I knew what would happen, something else blindsided me. Sean was the perfect love interest of course. He's sweet, kind, understanding, is good to his Mama and loves photography. He's nothing like some of the typical bad boys we see in YA fiction. He is already good, and that's why I love him. Forever and ever.

Cat Patrick has this uncanny way of storytelling and you can't help but love her characters and the predicaments they find themselves in. If you loved Forgotten or Revived, then you'll certainly love this one just as much!


The Good: This book kept me on my toes, and I never really knew what was going to happen.


The Bad: This book was completely not what I expected and in some aspects, I was disappointed.


Rating:

4 bookstacks

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D