Taste of Darkness - Maria V. Snyder

by 12:30 AM 1 comments
Taste of Darkness - Maria V. Snyder
(Healer #3)

Released: January 1, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin AUS 
SynopsisShe's fought death and won. But how can she fight her fears?

Avry knows hardship and trouble. She fought the plague and survived. She took on King Tohon and defeated him. But now her heart-mate, Kerrick, is missing, and Avry fears he's gone forever.

But there's a more immediate threat. The Skeleton King plots to claim the Fifteen Realms for his own. With armies in disarray and the dead not staying down, Avry's healing powers are needed now more than ever.Torn between love and loyalty, Avry must choose her path carefully. For the future of her world depends on her decision


~ Goodreads ~

* * *

What I Thought: So I have to start by admitting it took me an awful LONG TIME to get through this one. I started it in December, then restarted it again in about February and then it took another four months to finally finish it. However, once I sat down and purely focused on nothing else but reading this book, I absolutely flew through it - and for good reason because it was so damn incredible! WHAT THE HECK WAS WRONG WITH ME LEAVING IT SO LONG TO READ?! Seriously though. 

Taste of Darkness is the final book(?) in the Healer series and what an epic conclusion it was. Yes, it started off a bit too slow for my liking, but when things started getting intense, well then I just couldn't put it down.
Kerrick is missing, Belen is missing, the war is raging, a new strain of plague is back, and Avry is as badass as ever. Really, what more could you want from a conclusion? Oh, you want betrayal, secrets, cannibals, strange alliances and final victory? WELL GEEZ, you can have all that too in this epic conclusion - I swear it has it all.

I am an absolute HUMONGOUS fan of Maria V. Snyder, so I couldn't not love this story, because her writing style is beautiful, always weaving the perfect pictures to accompany her story.
If you haven't read Taste of Darkness, then definitely hop to it!
If you haven't read any of the Healer series, then why ever not?
If you haven't read any of Snyder's books, well then I'm sorry but we cannot be friends. I'm deadly serious.

The Good: We finally see certain characters get what they deserve, and not all is as expected.

The Bad: There is no more Avry, Kerrick, Flea, Belen and the Monkeys to read about :(

Rating:


Mad Claire
xo

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

1 comment:

  1. I've got this book waiting for me on one of my shelves. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D