Blast from the Past - Halo

by 12:30 AM 0 comments

"Blast from the Past" is my personal feature - a post in which I talk about a book I read more than a year or so ago! Today I am featuring...




Halo -
Alexandra Adornetto

Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

Synopsis: 
Nothing much happens in the sleepy town of Venus Cove. But everything changes when three angels, Ivy, Bethany and Gabriel are sent from heaven to protect the town against the gathering forces of darkness. They work hard to conceal their true identity and, most of all, their wings. 

But the mission is threatened when the youngest angel, Bethany, is sent to high school and falls for the handsome school captain, Xavier Woods. Will she defy the laws of Heaven by loving him? 

Things come to a head when the angels realize they are not the only supernatural power in Venus Cove. There′s a new kid in town and he′s charming, seductive and deadly. Worst of all, he′s after Beth. 

The angels and Xavier must work together to overcome the dark forces - but will Beth survive the battle? 



Release Date: August 2010

Read Date: July 2011

What I Thought: For a book written by a girl so young, I loved it! This was one of the first angels books I read and it really got me addicted to them! It's totally a bit cheesy and even a bit  predicable, but you really can't help love it anyway!

Fun Fact: Alexandra Adornetto was only 18 years old when Halo was released, and was only 15 when her first book, The Shadow Thief, was released!

      Quotes:

      “A man in love can do extraordinary things, I don’t care if you’re an angel, you’re my angel, and I won’t let you go.” 

      - - -

      “I thought you were gone forever, I thought you’d walked away from everything, because I failed, because I destroyed the only thing that ever mattered to me. I waited for you to come, but you didn’t.” 


      - - - 

      “That was one of the saddest things about people--their most important thoughts and feelings often went unspoken and barely understood.” 


      Rating:


      5 Bookstacks

      Unknown

      Reader, Blogger

      Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

      0 comments:

      Post a Comment

      Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D