Blast from the Past - Beastly

by 12:30 AM 0 comments

"Blast from the Past" is my personal feature - a post in which I talk about a book I read more than a year or so ago! Today I am featuring...




Beastly -
Alex Flinn

Publisher: Harper Teen

Synopsis: 
I am a beast.

A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright--a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster.

You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll stay this way forever--ruined--unless I can break the spell.

Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly . . . beastly.



Release Date: October 2007

Read Date: April 2011

What I Thought: I love fairy-tale retellings so I had high standards from the start. Alex Flinn brings the Beauty and The Beast story to life in modern settings and I absolutely loved it. Definitely one I would read again and again!

Fun Fact: The movie adaptation was critically panned, but it caused Beastly to jump into the USA Today Bestseller List and the New York Times Bestseller list where it stayed for several months.

Quotes:

“Just because something is beautiful doesn´t mean it´s good.” 

- - -

“Every girl pretends she is a princess at one point, no matter how little her life is like that.” 


- - - 

“Maybe we judge people too much by their looks because it's easier than seeing what's really important.”
 


Rating:



4 Bookstacks

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D