Author Interview - Sofia Essen

by 12:30 AM 1 comments



 Author Interview - Sofia Essen

Sofia Essen is the author of Change of Pace - Today she stops by to have a chat with us!



Describe your book in 3 words!

Warm. Humorous. Friendly.

How long did it take to write Change of Pace?

It took me almost exactly 12 months to write “Change of Pace”.

Did you know what Change of Pace was going to be about from the start?

Yes, I knew what my book was going to be about from the moment I began writing. “Change of Pace” is not exactly an autobiography, but I’ve gone through many changes in my life – some were planned but most were unexpected. I wanted to write a book about making the best out of the unwanted changes we all experience at some point in our lives.  

Wow, that sounds amazing! Were there any scenes that were harder to write than others?

I’m comfortable writing humorous scenes, and scenes which involve more than two characters. It’s the intimate scenes which involve only two characters I find myself rewriting at least half a dozen times. Using words to paint a picture of a situation where emotions run high is a formidable undertaking.

Did you always want to be a writer?

The desire to write came as a shock to me. Before I moved to Crete, three years ago, I would never have thought I’d suddenly want to write a book. Crete has that effect on some people – it reveals their innermost desires to them.

Sounds like a trip to Crete is in order! Any advice for aspiring writers?

My only advice to aspiring writers is to write only if you enjoy it.

Great advice! Future books in the works?

I’m currently working on my second novel, which is also set in Crete but has a completely new set of characters.

Random Questions about Sofia!

Hobbies?

When I shut down my laptop, I have a life. Writing is my hobby.

Special Writing Habits?

I chew gum while I write. For some reason it helps me concentrate.

Favourite Book (Apart from your own of course!)

Tanamera by Noel Barber   
Thank you so much for stopping by today, it was great chatting with you!

You can find out more through Sofia's various pages! 
Her websiteTwitter, Facebook and Goodreads!




Change of Pace - Sofia Essen


"What do you do when you get dumped, fired, and turn thirty in a single unfortunate week? You book the last available ticket on the next plane to Greece. Or at least that’s what the normally unadventurous Anna Cox does in a moment of uncharacteristic spontaneity. When she panics as she belatedly realizes that not booking a hotel room in a country she knows nothing about might not have been the best or smartest idea, the charming and easy on the eyes Englishman in the seat next to her comes to her rescue – he takes her to the rural island village in Crete that he calls home.

As Anna settles into village life, she learns that change, even the unwanted and unexpected kind, can be a good thing. She begins to see that there is always more to any story or person than meets the eye, including herself. In Crete, where time moves differently and days float and blend into one another, Anna finds the courage to discover who she really is, open up to strangers, and to fall in love without holding back even though she might get hurt."



Buy it now!



Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

1 comment:

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D