Awakening Power - Shawn Bird

by 12:30 AM 0 comments



Awakening Power - 
Shawn Bird
Released: April 30, 2012


Synopsis: Fourteen year old Grace doesn’t know it yet, but she’s been around for three thousand years waiting to fulfill her destiny to become one of the Three Graces of Greek Mythology. Forces are battling for her love, her body and her destiny. Now all she needs to do is survive the war.

In Awakening Power, Grace has been sent to the Interior of British Columbia and must learn to live without her love’s physical presence in her life. As the attacks increase, Grace faces a battle to accept her destiny and to save the man she loves, their life together, and the joy, beauty and radiance that fuel all artistic endeavours in the world.


What it's about: Grace is back again, along with Ben and our other favourite characters, and this time she's learning to live a little differently, among the increasing attacks against her.


What I thought: While I thoroughly enjoyed Awakening Power and the final conclusion we face at the end, I am not one hundred percent sure I liked it as much as the first. However, we all got the answers that we were left with at the end of the first book and believe me, the wait is totally worth it. I felt like Grace grew a lot more in this book than she did in the first, and my heart still swoons for Ben of course <3 font="font">

If you haven't read Awakening Dreams yet, you really need to. This wonderfully written take on Greek Mythology will have you on the edge of your seat and begging for me. I promise.

the good: The ending. *Sigh*


the bad: Still not sure I liked it as much as the first.


Rating:




  4 bookstacks


buy links:

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D