Point of Retreat - Colleen Hoover

by 12:30 AM 4 comments

Point of Retreat - 
Colleen Hoover
Released: September 18, 2012
Publisher: Simon and Schuster

Synopsis: Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart. 

Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…haow to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.’


What it's about: Layken and Will's story continues as their relationship is put to the test.


What I thought: I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading Point of Retreat. I vaguely knew what it was going to be about from the synopsis, but it was so much more than I expected. Vaughn suddenly returns to Will's life, along with his best friend Reece, and things get shaken up. Now Will has to prove to Lake that he isn't with her because their situations are alike. I love the fact that this novel was written from Will's point of view this time, and I think it needed to be that way to portray all the emotions he goes through. While this book had as much intensity and emotion as the first, I just wanted them to be together. It took so long in the first one, and yet a year later they are struggling again. I felt sorry for what these characters went through, but it still made for a fantastic read, despite all my reservations.


the good: The fact that we watch as them figure out what it means to love and to be together. Too cute!


the bad: This sequel did not capture my attention as fully as the first novel did.


Rating:



  4 bookstacks


buy links:

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

4 comments:

  1. Yea, I loved Point of Retreat, it was different and I loved that it was form Will's POV too!!

    great review

    Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of both books i preferred this one!
    Great review!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the first one, but one sounds like it has some good potential. I'm going to check into book one. Great review.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this series! I heard there will be a third book. Very excited!

    Karina @ CouchPotatoReader

    ReplyDelete

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D