Boundless - Cynthia Hand

by 12:30 AM 4 comments

Boundless - 
Cynthia Hand
Released: February 1, 2013
Publisher: Harper Collins Australia


Synopsis: The past few years held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner ever could have anticipated. Yet through the dizzying high of first love to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she could no longer deny was that she was never meant to have a normal life.

Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seemed like the best option, so she’s headed back to California—and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.

As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfil her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.

In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must choose her fate once and for all.


What it's about: The epic conclusion to the Unearthly series.



What I thought: This was an intense finale in the Unearthly series, and I couldn't put it down! Like literally, I read it all on my 5 hour plane flight home from Sydney. This book has it all - action, romance and twists galore. Clara, Christian and Angela have started their new school year at Stanford University, and are trying to lay low. Jeffery has all but disappeared off the face of the planet, but only temporarily, thank goodness! Thanks to Michael, Clara is learning to use and hone her angel skills. This includes travelling via thought, which ends up leading her to Tucker's barn on more than one occasion. Things are still tight and awkward, but Clara just can't help the way she feels. Samjeeza  seems to be around, but all he wants to do is share stories about Clara's mum - and things along that nature are revealed too. But of course, this is all easy to deal with compared to what's going to happen at the end. The final battle is coming and Clara is going to need to be on her game with no distractions. Yeah, right.

If you loved Unearthly and Hallowed as much as I did, then you are going to love Boundless just as much. You'll cry (I did) and you'll laugh (I did) and you won't want it to end (I didn't), but all in all, it's a beautiful end to an amazing trilogy.


The Good: I thought Cynthia Hand wrapped up everything perfectly.


The Bad: Well, depending on whose 'Team' your on, you may be disappointed.


Rating:




    5 Bookstacks

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

4 comments:

  1. That's a lovely cover. Great review. Make me want to start reading the series immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have heard a LOT about this series, they say it's really good
    And the two love interests seem interesting
    GREAT review, Claire
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I've heard such terrific things about this series, but I haven't started it yet. I think that your review may have convinced me, though-- it has a satisfying ending!! Woohoo! Lovely review, girly. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome review. I am so excited for this book. I got it from the library this week and I know I can't start it until I have the time to read it straight through. I like your cover better than ours by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D