Tall, Dark and Distant - Julie Fison

by 12:30 AM 2 comments

Tall, Dark and Distant (Smitten) - 
Julie Fison
Released: March, 2013
Publisher: Hardie Grant Egmont


Synopsis: When Georgia meets Nik on her summer holiday, she’s sure he’s too good to be true. He’s gorgeous, with god-like abs and an adorable English accent. Then she discovers that he’s actually a member of an obscenely wealthy Russian family – and he wants to get to know her better.

Nik catapults Georgia into a world of private yachts, fast cars and expensive jewellery. Having a billionaire for a boyfriend certainly comes with benefits ... but it also comes with a price. How long will it take before life in the fast lane spins out of control?


What it's about: While holidaying in Noosa with her family, Georgia meets the Nik. He's gorgeous and he's loaded, but he has secrets to hide.



What I thought: I fell in love. With Nik. I just couldn't help it, and once you read this, you won't be able to help it too. Maybe it's his heart-breaking background, or the fact that he wants to date a normal girl, but it made me wish I was Georgia. Geogia meets Nik by chance while out running and from there begins her rollercoaster ride of an adventure. Nik tries to keep her at arms length, because he has secrets to hide, but he just can't resist her. Georgia can't understand why Nik would be interested in someone like her, but it doesn't take long before she is wrapped around his finger. This was such a typical teen romance, with a different setting, but it didn't make it any less exciting to read.

Go on, give it a try. I promise you'll fall in love with Nik too.


The Good: Georgia was super cute the whole way through, and quite rational despite it all. I would have thrown myself at Nik, no matter what!


The Bad: It just really seemed unrealistic. I mean, I know there are heir's to million dollar corporations out there, but really. No.


Rating:





    4 Bookstacks

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

2 comments:

  1. I really like the cover and the title of this one, I just might have to check it out!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  2. smitten books are really great :) love reading them

    ReplyDelete

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D