Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi

by 12:30 AM 1 comments
Unravel Me - 
Tahereh Mafi
Released: February, 2013
Publisher: Allen & Unwin
Synopsis: Our lips touch and I know I'm going to split at the seams. He kisses me softly then strongly like he's lost me and he's found me and I'm slipping away and he's never going to let me go.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. A place for people like her - people with gifts - and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from the Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch. Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

Haunted by her past, terrified of her future, Juliette knows that in her present, she will have to make some life-changing choices.
Choices that may include choosing between her heart - and Adam's life.


What it's about: Juliette, Adam, Warner and Kenji are back in the sequel to Shatter Me. This time Juliette is hiding out at Omega Point, trying to learn to control her powers, and also her feelings for the boys around her.



What I thought: Unravel Me was a fantastic sequel to Shatter Me. We learn more about Juliette's powers, what's going on with Adam and of course, Warner was there too. We also get to meet some new characters at Omega Point that you are bound to love as much as the original ones. We see Juliette struggle to learn to control her powers, and we get to see the extent of just how dangerously powerful she really is. But the most exciting thing, I think, was meeting Warner's father. Juliette has a bit of a showdown with him, showing him what's what. We learn some kind of cool secrets - Adam and Warner are half-brothers. Wow. Surprise right - but mostly, I think we had to deal with Juliette learning to move on with her life.

For those who loved Shatter Me, you won't be disappointed by what's coming next! Plus now is the time to really pick sides - so are you Team Adam, or Team Warner?


The Good: This book kicked as much ass as the first one!


The Bad: Do you want Adam or Warner? Juliette changed her mind so quickly, it really didn't feel right for me and kind of ruined it all.


Rating:




    4 Bookstacks

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

1 comment:

  1. Well, though I have not read this series yet I am definitely Team Warner, the guy sounds different from all the reviews that I have read
    GREAT review, Claire
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D