"L"

by 12:30 AM 3 comments

Welcome to the A-Z Blogging Challenge!





Today's topic is:


Love stories *swoon* -

I, like many other sane and normal people ever, love a fantastic love story. One with romance and heartache that makes you weak at the knee's. So which ones are my faves? and are they all 'typically romance'?

On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. Taylor and Jonah. Jonah and Taylor. It's crazy and sad and completely lovable, and not a typical romance story.

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. God, this story is heartbreaking and achingly beautiful. It took me a long time to get through this story, but really, I couldn't not read it. Although, watching the movie with Tom Hardy is just, well, swoon-worthy!

Emma by Jane Austen. Proves that the one you will love completely and unconditionally really could have been there all along.

Poison Princess by Kresley Cole. Lots of people didn't like the romance in this book, but Jackson made me into a mushy puddle in almost every page he was in. Never looking back now.

Really, there are a lot of them out there. Adult, Young Adult and more recently, New Adult, all showing us different ways to love. Which are your favourite love stories? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

* * *

Thanks for stopping by and make sure you come back Monday for my "M" post!

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

3 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a great love story, does it? Wuthering Heights and Emma were both amazing... I'd have to add Pride & Prejudice to the classic mix too. As for more modern love stories (and real life), I'd have to mention Prince William and his beautiful wife, Kate. Not sure why they popped into my head but I just love 'em!
    Suzy Turner, YA Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Ghost (1990 movie).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that everything is going smoothly for you during the Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D