The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa

by 12:30 AM 0 comments

The Eternity Cure - 
Julie Kagawa
Released: May 1, 2013
Publisher: HarlequinTeen AUS

Synopsis: In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one one rule left: Blood Calls to blood.
Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire, Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, what she finds there will the change the world forever - and possibly end human and vampire existence.

There's a new plague on the rise, a strain of the Red Lung virus that wiped out most of humanity generations ago - deadly to humans and vampires alike. The only hope for a cure lies in the secrets Kanin carries. If Allie can get to him in time...


What it's about: The second novel in Julie Kagawa's hit series, The Immortal Rules. This time Allie is back and she's looking for Kanin and Sarren, but will he still be the same when she finds him? Plus old characters are back, and this is one hell of a ride.



What I thought: I want to start by saying it took me a long time to get back into this one. I absolutely loved The Immortal Rules, but this one didn't capture my attention as much as the first one did. In saying that, it left me in tears, and once it picked back up, it had me on the edge of my seat. We pick up not long after we left off, with Allie trying to track down Kanin and Sarren. We bump into Jackal and that's where the action starts. Together, even at each others throats, they are trying to find the cure. That's what they believe Sarren is up to, but really, it's so much worse.

Some characters we love, and some we loathe come back but either way, it's one heck of a ride. Despite the slow-going I had at the start, this book came out on top and I realised why I have fell in love with the story in the first place, but one thing is for sure, it will leave you with the Hunger for more.

The Good: Julie Kagawa really knows how to write a killer cliffhanger. Be prepared everyone!


The Bad: It took me a while to get into it, and I kept having to put it down because my concentration wasn't holding.


Rating:

4 bookstacks

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D