Secret - Brigid Kemmerer

by 12:30 AM 1 comments
Secret - Brigid Kemmerer
(Elemental #4)
Released: January 28, 2014
Publisher: K-Teen 
SynopsisNowhere is safe. Not even home…

Nick Merrick is stretched to the breaking point.

Keep his grades sky-high or he’ll never escape his hometown.
Keep his brother’s business going or the Merricks will be out on the street.
Keep the secret of where he’s going in the evenings from his own twin—-or he’ll lose his family.

Keep his mind off the hot, self-assured dancer who’s supposed to be his “girlfriend’s” partner.

Of course there’s also the homicidal freak Quinn has taken to hanging around, and the Elemental Guide counting the hours until he can try again to kill the Merrick brothers.

There’s a storm coming. From all sides. And then some.

Nick Merrick, can you keep it together?


~ Goodreads ~

* * *

What I Thought: I have loved the Elemental series from the time I read the novella Elemental. Through all the previous novels and novella's, my love has stayed strong, and after reading Secret, it is no different. I still love it with as much passion as I did the first time. And yet... Secret felt different. All the other books have had the element of romance, even giving half the story-line to it, and yet with Secret, I felt like the real Elemental/Guide action didn't start until over three-quarters of the way through.

Now please please don't get me wrong. I loved Secret. I love Nick and I love Adam and I love Quinn and I can't help but even love Tyler a bit, but this book felt so much more focused on Nick and Adam's relationship, than the impending doom that was falling silently around them. Plus Quinn has a LOT of break-downs. We get to see into her life, what she's been hiding from for so long, and it has an integral part to do with her and a certainly person making nice, but again, it felt too much for me.

In Secret, Nick spends half the book trying to figure out himself around Adam, all the while trying to hide his real self from his brothers. He has to take a good hard look at himself, and the decisions he's making. Slowly, Nick lets his secret out, which causes him to become much closer with his family.

Of course, once a Guide rocks up, that's when the real action happens. We get to see new lengths to Nick's powers and of course, we learn some other deep information too. AND THEN KEMMERER HAS TO LEAVE US HANGING. Like my feelings aren't fragile at all. God help me until Sacrifice comes out....

So hurry up and grab this one and read it and devour it and let it break you so I'm not the only one in the world like this...

The Good: Kemmerer sure knows how to leave you hanging! No, but seriously, it's cruel on my feels!

The Bad: Give me more Elemental/Guide action dammit!

Rating:


Mad Claire
xo

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

1 comment:

  1. I love this series so much! It's one of my favorites, for sure. I haven't gotten to Secret yet (still have to read Spirit) but I know I'm going to love it. Nick is my favorite ;D I don't mind that there's less action, because even though I enjoy it, it's not my favorite part. :P Glad you liked this, Claire!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D