My Name is Memory - Ann Brashares

by 7:02 PM 0 comments
My Name is Memory - Ann Brashares


"Daniel has spent centuries falling in love with the same girl. Life after life, crossing continents and dynasties, he and Sophia (despite her changing name and form) have been drawn together-and he remembers it all. For all the times that he and Sophia have been connected throughout history, they have also been torn painfully, fatally, apart.
But just when Sophia (now "Lucy" in the present) finally awakens to the secret of their shared past, the mysterious force that has always separated them reappears. Ultimately, they must come to understand what stands in the way of their love if they are ever to spend a lifetime together"
I wish I could say I loved this book. I really do. But I love Lauren Kate's Fallen series way too much to be able to. This book reminded me so much of Fallen, excluding angels and demons, that it made it very hard to read. Here's why:
The main female character is Lucy. The main male character is Daniel. They fall in love in many different lifetimes but manage to get separated somehow. Sound familiar? Hmm. Now i've had my rant, I'll try give a unbiased opinion!
Daniel has "the Memory". Very few people have it. He can remember all his previous lives, and he can recognise souls in each new life too. Including the girl he killed in his first life he remembers. A few lives on, he meets her again, but this time she is his brother's wife. He saves Sophia, falls in love with her, then loses her again. She continues to pop up in his life every hundred years or so, but each time they cannot be together again.
Lucy, feels this unresistable pull to Daniel and she doesn't know why. She begins to reveal about one of her past lives, and feels like she is going crazy, until the evidence just becomes too strong.
Of course, something has to come in the way again, but yes, they do finally get each other. Oh and she left it open for a sequel. One in the works? I hope not. I don't think I could sit through another. The concept was great, however the characters annoyed me to hell. Sorry Ann, guess I love Lauren too much!
Claire <3

Unknown

Reader, Blogger

Twenty-something | book-blogger | tea-drinker | procrastinator | wannabe-writer | student

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh yes, comments puh-leaaase :D